Gillian Gamble is self-educated Scottish illustrator & storyteller whose work focus on vivid colour, wild imagination and big adventures. Her goal is to become a memorable author and illustrator of picture books for children and she uses creativity to advocate for social good by getting involved in setting up and supporting social enterprises. She now lives and works in beautiful County Durham with her husband and two little girls.
If you'd like to get in touch about a project, particularly if it's an exciting picture book project, you can email email@example.com
MA University of St Andrews
• BBC Rotary Young Citizen of the Year
• Realworld Entrepreneur of the Year
• Fellow of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (Churchill Medal)
• Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
• Unltd Social Enterprise Fellow
• Graduate of the School for Social Entrepreneurs
• Cultural Enterprise Office 'Starter for 6' Finalist
• Santander Spark Award
• Illustrator to mark the 600th Anniversary of the University of St Andrews.
• Illustrator on 'I Love St Andrews', hardback travel book published 2015
• Illustrator for Auckland Castle Trust.
• Founded Cartographie Press, a social enterprise independent press innovating ways of publishing new work for children.
• Featured in Vogue and BBC.
• Founded 'Our Story', a series of community storytelling events including pop-up story cafes & publishing workshops with children. Published several books by helping children to write and illustrate including 'Super Penguins' and 'Brilliant Beasts of Bishop Auckland'.
• Art Director at 'Invite Magazine', UK print magazine.
• Finalist on BBC 2 'Show Me the Monet' Fine Art Competition.
• Collaborative resident artist with Dundee Rep Theatre and the Scottish School of Contemporary Dance
• Co-Founder of Tea People, a social enterprise tea company generating funds for the education of young people in tea-growing regions.
• Founded charity 'Joy to the World', fundraised to build a home for 40 children in India., supporting special needs orphans in China.
• Lecturer on 'Creativity and Enterprise' at the University of St Andrews
• Chosen by British Council to represent Scotland at a community leadership forum in Amman, Jordan.
• Winner SIE 'Big Ideas' Competition
• Supported by Unltd Star People Award
• Co-Founder of 'Self Made Studios', a high end textiles sample unit and fashion training programme
• Former professional classical musician.
• Currently producing a book to support The Archie Foundation Tayside, helping raise funds for a twin operating suite at Tayside Children's Hospital.