Hi! I am an illustrator and story writer from Dundee, Scotland, now living in lovely County Durham.
I love adventures, wandering, riding on public transport to people-watch, bright colours, cold north sea air, big questions I can't answer and just lying outside looking up at the clouds or stars and wondering what it's all about. I also have a thing for bobble hats.
I learned to draw and write just by practicing or 'doodling' every day and am still learning new things all the time. My creative journey has had lots of cool twists and turns, including setting up a social enterprise called Our Story to get children interested in picture books by helping them make their own. Along the way I've had some great and some funny jobs including 'parrot minder' but these days I am lucky to be a full-time artist. I love sharing creativity with my two little girls and actually invite them to participate in my work by painting with me (My 2 year old even took this head shot!).
If you'd like to get in touch about a project, particularly if it's an exciting picture book project, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. I am currently interested in connecting with publishers and picture book agents.
MA University of St Andrews
- BBC Rotary Young Citizen of the Year
- Realworld Entrepreneur of the Year
- Fellow of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust (Churchill Medal)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Unltd Social Enterprise Fellow
- Graduate of the School for Social Entrepreneurs
- Cultural Enterprise Office 'Starter for 6' Finalist
- Santander Spark Award
- The Auckland Project
- University of St Andrews
- Cartographie Press
- Watchfire Media
- Invite Magazine
- Scottish School of Contemporary Dance
- Tea People